Having a car is a necessity for people living in a city like London. However, not everyone can afford to buy a car. This is the reason why more and more number of people are inclined towards renting a car to fulfil their daily commuting needs. With the availability of a plethora of car rental companies, the consumers are spoilt for choices.
The car rental companies also offer a wide range of services to allure the consumers. These additional services include:
- Pick-up and drop facilities
- Efficient customer care (to guide and help consumers choose the best suited car)
- Movers and packers (hire a van or larger vehicle to move belongings from one to another)
- Huge fleet of cars on offer (depending upon your budget and need, you can hire a car of your choice)
Finding the Best Car Rental Service in North West London
Whether you are on a holiday or shifted base recently, you need a car to move from one point to the other. if you are not well aware of the routes, you can consider hiring a car along with a driver who can drive you to the desired places.
However, you must ensure that you hire the car from a reputable and reliable car rental company so that you get the best deal and the best value for your money. Here are some quick tips that will help you find the right car hire company in NW London:
- Search online for car rental companies. Look for several companies and the services offered by them. Compare the services and rates to understand which company offers the best deals.
- Customer reviews are fine but they can be forged. So it is always best to visit the car rental company personally and talk to the customer care executives to clarify all doubts.
- Perform a thorough background check and talk to past clients if possible.
- If you are opting to pay online, be very careful when revealing credit/ debit card details. Choose companies that use a secured payment gateway.
- Book a car in advance to avoid last minute rush. You might also have to compromise with your choice, if you don’t find the model you are looking for at the last minute.
- Check the fuel options offered by the rental company. You either have to pay upfront for a full tank (and return the car with an empty tank) or return the car with a full tank. Depending upon your travelling needs you must choose the option that best suits you. Ideally returning the car with full tank is much better, since returning the car with an empty tank is practically impossible.
- Get your own extras like satNavs, child seats, etc. to avoid hefty additional charges.
- Negotiate the price or ask for discounts. If you are a student, you will be eligible to get student discounts. You might also be eligible for a discount by using a specific credit card.
- Buy the additional insurance ONLY WHEN REQURED. Check all your options (credit card insurance, personal auto insurance, etc.) first and then buy the additional one.
- Read contract thoroughly to understand all the points and to check if there are any hidden fees included.
In order to make sure you don’t end up paying more than you should, you must get in the details and do in-depth research before signing the contract.