There has been a sudden rise in the demand for car rentals from both residential and commercial clients. This is the reason why many car rental companies have emerged over the past few years and allow their clients to personalise their ride by choosing a car of their choice and the mode of travelling.
This means the renters can either hire a driver or choose to drive the car themselves. The second option is more viable since you can ensure a comfortable, safe and fun ride with your friends or family, without having anyone to pry. More and more people are choosing self-drive car rentals and some of the major reasons behind this surge in demand are:
- Lesser responsibilities and liabilities attached towards owning a car
- You have a sense of ownership even if you don’t own the car
- A wide variety of cars to choose from
- Freedom of driving as per your own requirements without being time bound
- Easy method of booking and payment
- Lesser interference or dependence on a driver
There are many well known car rental companies such as Wise Car Hire that offer self-drive car rentals, but if you are hiring a self drive for the first time, there are many things you need to consider. They are as follows:
- Visit the nearest branch of the particular company for hiring a car. In case you have doubts, you can talk to the customer care personnel upfront and get them cleared.
- Assess the quality of service provided depending upon how the customer care personnel interact with you. If they act friendly and keep your preferences first, instead of trying to sell you something forcefully, you can go ahead safely.
- Choose the right type of car to avoid overspending
- Read the cancellation policies thoroughly, in case you have to cancel your booking
- Avoid paying the fee upfront
- Use your credit card to make the payment
- Check your existing insurance coverage before buying additional insurance
- Read the rental contract thoroughly to check if there are any hidden costs associated with the car rental
- Check the condition of the car thoroughly before signing the rental contract
- Perform a thorough background check of the rental company to make sure you have smooth and satisfactory rental experience
- If you are planning to travel cross borders, it is often better to hire a car with a driver since you may not be allowed to drive if you don’t have an appropriate license
- Carry your own additional equipment such as GPS systems, baby seats, etc. to avoid paying extra
In order to get the best deals, it is recommended not to hire from the airport; it is better to work with independent and standalone rental companies since the rental rates are a lot cheaper. Moreover, it is best to drop your brand affinities and try to look for some smaller car rental company to save money and have a great car rental experience.
Whether you are on a vacation or a corporate tour, hire a self-drive car and travel according to your own preferences.