Planning a long with your college friends? You surely will have a great time together. Preparations are almost complete and you are all ready to hit the road, but did you consider who will drive the car and for how long? When planning a vacation or a long drive people mostly focus on choosing the right rental car, the right rental company, and other things, but leave out the most important part – safety. Yes it is true that by choosing the right rental car from the right rental company such as Wise Car Hire, you lower the risks to a great extent. But there are still a few things to be considered.
One of the most important things to consider when planning a long drive is, ‘how to prevent drowsy driving’. People often feel tired and sleepy if they have to drive long distances, so it is important that you know how to prevent drowsiness while driving. It is best to have some extra drivers, even if you have to [pay some extra bucks. But if you are the only one who is responsible for driving, here are some tips that will help you prevent drowsy driving:
- Make sure you get a full night of sleep before embarking on the journey. This is especially important if you are planning a long drive and you are the only one who will be driving.
- Power naps can be very helpful. Take rest every two hours and get some sleep at least for 20 to 30 minutes. Studies show that a 20 minute nap is enough to get rid of fatigue and get charged.
- Ask your companion to stay alert and watch out for the signs of drowsiness. It is best if you can take turns to drive. This will ensure you get enough rest and take lesser time to reach the destination.
- Eat the right food. It is common for people to pick-up junk foods such as fried and sugary foods but they tend to make you feel tired. So to stay awake for longer it is important that you eat healthy foods full complex carbohydrates, protein, and vitamin.
- Music can help you stay awake. If you only have a few miles to cover before you can cover your journey and you feel drowsy, listen to some lively music, music affects your mind in a positive manner and makes you feel energetic.
- Pull down your windows and get to wind blow. Reduced levels of oxygen make you feel fatigued and drowsy. Let fresh air circulate inside the car, so that you feel enough oxygen to breathe.
- Keep yourself hydrated. People often load themselves with caffeine to avoid sleepiness, but this might be the biggest mistake ever. Drink lots of water or juice to keep yourself hydrated.
Remember, a lot of accidents take place due to drowsy driving. Drowsy driving can be harmful and even fatal for you, your friends as well as others, so you must prevent it by all means. Follow the above tips and make the most of your long drive.